News Release | Media Contact: Deborah Kelly (509) 664-9247 ~~
To Cle Elum Area Residents: “Your voice matters.”
From USDA Forest Service
The comment period for the Taneum Forest Restoration Project closes on June 3, 2019.
- The Forest Service is working with community partners to improve critical forest and aquatic health, while balancing important public access needs and recreation opportunities within the Taneum watershed.
- For project details check out the interactive story map here: https://usfs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=2ff17af126744e06a4dea9e07e078c71.
- To view analysis documents and to submit comments go to the project webpage: https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=53450.
- If you have questions about the project please contact the Environmental Coordinator at the Cle Elum Ranger District, 509-852-1042.
- #TapashSustainableForestCollaborative #ResilientForests #SustainableRecreation #GoodFire
- Stay connected to your public lands. Get the latest forest news and alerts by texting ‘follow OkaWenNF’ to 40404, ‘liking’ us on facebook or following us on twitter @OkaWenNF.
- The mission of the USDA Forest Service is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the nation’s forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations. USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
Photograph- Interdisciplinary Team Leader Bill Gaines and Cle Elum Ranger District Wildlife Biologist Aja Woodrow share proposed forest restoration treatments for the Taneum Resilient Forest Restoration Project during the May 16, 2019 field visit. Photograph by USFS, D.Kelly